Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Favorite Dresser

 

This is was my favorite dresser ever!

When I got it it was just a walnut color, nothing special and VERY rustic.

Its been used as a entertainment stand, computer desk...

Until we moved into our house... 
where it stores lots of great stuff and is just a beautiful piece of furniture.

(you will soon see I have an addiction to dressers)

I then... painted it black.. 


2010

Well, I was inspired by Miss Mustard Seed

and I got the paint free from Glidden... 

**the paint color is Robins Egg**





Its looked like this for sometime now...

I wanted to try to keep the original hardware
 but I always though it just didn't work
it was missing something.

I replaced the top knobs with some I picked up at Michael's.

I still was so unhappy with the hardware...
sure it is what came on it, but it just doesn't fit in. 

I want something CHUNKY!!

So off I went to Lowes...

and I found EXACTLY what I wanted.
 




This piece now a sweet little dresser for a newborn baby boy, an amazing little family!







Linked Up To:
Rustic, Recycled & Chic
BCD Show and Tell



Momma Hens Coop

Oopsey Daisy
{Primp}


shabby creek cottage








Furniture Feature Fridays Redoux The Shabby Nest
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Three Mango Seeds


Home Stories A2Z
DelectableHome IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

21 comments:

  1. I love your dresser, Just wanted to pop over and let you know I think your work is awesome, the amount of distress on this piece and the knobs chosen are perfect for my taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the way this turned out! I can't ever seem to take my pieces to that level of distress.. But I just love yours! Great job! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformation!
    I just started a brand new themed link party just for rustic and shabby chic projects. I would love to have you share this - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5388

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inviting me! I joined the party :)

      Delete
  4. Delicious! What color is that? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Glidden and is called Robins Egg. Let me know if I can get numbers off of it for you :)

      Delete
  5. This turned out SO great! I'm on the hunt for the prefect dresser hardware myself! I'm your newest follower and I would love a return follow. I'd also love if you linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-2.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this over at Homestories and it is such a great color. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! It is called Robins Egg, by Glidden :)

      Delete
  7. WOW, what a transformation! I love how this turned out! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous color & the distressing is great. I like the new hardware too. I'm so inspired!! I'd love it if you'd share this at my Show & Tell party, going on now @ the Delectable Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inviting me!!! :) I joined right away :)

      Delete
  9. Getting ready to redo some furniture myself..Wonderful color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great job! Thanks so much for linking up! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!