Thursday, March 8, 2012

Primitive Chimney Cabinet

A real challenge for me... was this chimney cabinet.
I never even knew what a chimney cabinet was until I was brought this piece by a great client.
Before they delivered it, I did a lot of research.
Pinterest, Google

I got a lot of inspiration. Thankfully!!



(Sources: Google)



The cabinet, really needed help. It was a bit awkwardly constructed, it really needed cosmetic work. 

I filled a ton of nail holes, cleaned it.... primed, painted..

Liz (my client) purchased a GREAT paint color for it.

She wasn't sure about, but as soon as I started to paint with the color it was GREAT! 
(excellent coverage)

The paint color totally transformed the piece. What was an awkward cabinet..




 Hardware that was once coated in at least 3 paint colors.



I took advantage of a beautiful day... to take pictures outside.



The the inside of the cabinet was kept the original color to accent the piece, just like the inspiration picture above.









Momma Hens Coop
shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE






Furniture Feature Fridays HookingupwithHoH
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Decorating Insanity

5 comments:

  1. Love how your cabinet turned out! It's a great piece that would fit in any decor. I found you by way of Tisha at the Delectable Home. I'm your newest follower and hope you'll stop by and follow back on GFC.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really turned out well. Love the color choice. What a great find!
    Karen @ ItsAllGoodHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also just learned of chimney cabinets and I want one but I want an original no reproductions can u direct me

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!