Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Yard Sale.. Coffee Table

You just cannot beat... a $5.00 Coffee Table...

Even if it looked like this when you bought it...



Then after some work... 
(okay a lot of work) 

it will look like this



I can't take credit for the wood work...
Mark, the owner did this work.


After Mark & Vicki brought it to me 
Black and lightly distressed with a rustic top.




From a yard sale... 
came an american made solid wood coffee table, made right here in NC.


With work and effort... comes an updated beauty.








Tip Junkie handmade projects
{Primp}



Momma Hens Coop


Photobucket
”How




Fridays Unfolded
Furniture Feature Fridays

16 comments:

  1. i love it! the top looks fabulous- so warm and rustic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sanded down.. then tung oil was applied. It was an amazing finish!!

      Delete
  2. That is a sweet looking coffee table now! I love the look of black with the natural wood finished top. The distressing on this is perfect too! You can't beat it for 5 Bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy the owners loved it as much as I did. It really turned out nice and really fit the style of their family room. I love the top, it really makes me want to try my own hand at using tung oil.

      Delete
  3. I love it, I need a new one but hubby made one for me and now I'm stuck.lol That turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are so lucky to have your husband make you a coffee table!

      Delete
  4. I love that you kept the top wood. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! I am planning on doing it with one of my own pieces, now if I can decide which one! :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. great job! a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! I love the transformation! I'd love it if you'd add your post to my link party too. Here's the URL: http://www.ahappyplacecalledhome.com/home/2012/4/13/blogiversary-week-best-worst-of-year-1.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    xo, Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table! I hope that you will enjoy it for years to come!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain and you sure made it into a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!