Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yellow Dresser, Nevermind...

 
I picked this dresser up not long ago almost 2 months ago, local yard sale site. 




This dresser is HUGE... I was so happy to come across it for $35.00  

I found  my inspiration here: SimplyReinvented


Beautiful isn't it?!

First I tried "Rain Lilly" A butter yellow..

 
 The  process of this dresser... let me say it did NOT want to be painted.

I started off with Kilz 2,
I had a feeling this dresser had been in a smoking home at one  point in its life.

Even with Kilz, stains came through, even with 3 coats of paint.
 
Luckily, I just glazed her up and it looks fantastic.

Yellow was an unusual choice for me..
 
It looked "alright" with the darker paint color I had in my home, but once we repainted it was terrible!

So I chose a better color for my interior and something I knew I would love!


 



Liz Marie Blog




Fridays Unfolded
shabby creek cottage a href="http://www.houseofhepworths.com">HookingupwithHoH

11 comments:

  1. Lovin the dresser. The yellow accents remind me of daffodils in spring.....so pretty.
    I ran into you over at Gina's Transformation Thursday and thought I'd come take a look. So, Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and hopefully you'll follow back???? Thanks. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dresser and at $35, I would have snatched it, too!
    I would love if you came by my party to link this up - would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you came by to link up your creation! It turned out so beautifully!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a steal! it looks beautiful- it would make a sweet nursery changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got quite a deal! And now she's so pretty! I love the yellow accents! Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from HoH to see your beautiful dresser with the yellow accents. Great job!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!