Monday, July 30, 2012

The "Nautical" Table


This is a beautiful table.... who had a very useful life.

 A beautiful maple American made table... with two amazing pull out leaves.

I was very excited to do this table, but I think mostly because of who I was doing it for.

This table did need some BIG work done, more then I usually do. Lots of filling..cracks and gouges.

This table I truely loved doing, it never felt like a chore at all.



This is the table before with little distressing and without glaze.

Miss Bena's new cabinets have a black antiqueing so I kept that theme with this table.

The colors were RICH, my oldest daughter kept telling me it looked "royal"

Royal is NOT what I was looking for... thankfully the black glaze calmed everything down.


Still working... 


 
All finished...

Sadly I am unable to get better pictures... stormy weather outside is working against me.




 
The black wash gave this piece an entire new look
(hard to tell from photos but it has a primitive/Americana feel)


I am so happy with how the piece turned out..



you are talking too much 
Home Stories A2Z
DIY Show Off
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Primitive and Proper
♪ღ♪

The Well Crafted Home
HookingupwithHoH shabby creek cottage




Fridays Unfolded
Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Just love your use of color! So inspiring …

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that detail on the bottom is so pretty and unique! what a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was able to visit the owner in her home to get inspiration. She had just remodeled her kitchen and wanted me to see it. The colors where her choice and boy they go perfect in her house! (I love when people love color) I noticed a lot of Nautical decor so I went with it once I saw the table, the bottom reminded me of a knot. Thanks Cassie!

      Delete
  3. Oh, isn't that a cool table & I think it's perfect with the nautical look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks like a knotted rope!! Thank you so much for linking up to our party!! :)
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having the party and for the complement!

      Delete
  5. So cool! Great vision and beautiful job, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What a compliment coming from you :)

      Delete
  6. She's a real beauty now! You've got skills!

    Glad you joined our Color party.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformation! Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing at our linky party "Home is where the heart is" I wanted to stop by and let you know you've been featured!! Please come and check out the others who have linked up and if you'd like to link up this week we'd love to have you! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!