Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gluten & Dairy Free: French Apple Pie








Gluten and Dairy Free?!! Yes! and it tastes good?! Yes!

My husband is casin intolerant (dairy) and gluten intolerant.

Cooking is a huge task anymore, I was used to the dairy free but gluten is difficult.

I am happy that the market is growing with gluten free products!! I am SO thankful for Betty Crocker!

I saw this recipe on the Better Crocker website, but have changed it to fit for dairy free.

This recipe is VERY easy and I would make it over and over again.

I even think it is something my husband could make himself.

It is more cake like then pie like. VERY delicious!


Filling
3       cups thinly sliced peeled apples (I used 4 apples)
1       teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4    teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2    cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
1/2    cup granulated sugar
1/2     cup milk (I used soy milk)
2        tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (I used Earth Balance, dairy free)
3        eggs
Streusel
1/3     cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
1/3     cup chopped nuts(I used pecans)
1/4     cup packed brown sugar
3       tablespoons firm butter or margarine (Again, I used Earth Balance, Dairy free)

 
 
 
 
 Heat oven to 325ºF. Spray a  pie plate with cooking spray. 

In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; place in pie plate.  

 In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. (I used my Kitchen Aid)

 Pour over apple mixture in pie plate. 

In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients, using fork, until crumbly; sprinkle over filling. 
(my topping didn't really "crumble" as you can see below)


 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
 
 
Was it good?!
 
 
 Yes! Even the pickiest little girl I know, ate it up! Yum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Original Recipe Adapted to be Dairy Free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, how I love comments!