Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Shabby Coffee Table

I picked up a set of two end tables and a coffee table...


This is what the tables looked like before, I LOVED the detail








I loved the coffee table... but the end tables were HUGE... in my family room
I'm not sure they really "fit" in with what I was looking for..

So I listed the set for sale on a local yard sale site... 

they sold fast! 

I was so proud to see them leave to go to a new home to be loved.



Linking Up To:
LilLuna

Hookin Up with HoH #85

Show and Tell @ BCD




Momma Hens Coop



{Primp}
beneath my heart
Oopsey Daisy
shabby creek cottage DomesticallySpeaking













The Southern Institute
Three Mango Seeds
Redoux
Home Stories A2Z
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Ninth Street Notions

14 comments:

  1. I love your coffee table. I would love to know what supplies you used in order to achieve this look. Is their a particular method you are using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you so very much for your comment!!! For this piece all I really did was sand it down lightly using a sanding block.

      I used a coat of Kilz (I love primer) then I used white semi-gloss paint to paint the entire table.

      I very heavily distressed it with my sanding tool, "Mouse". I then cleaned it up and put on several coats of polycrylic.

      It is just a step process, but very easy!

      Delete
  2. They looked good before, but they look AMAZING now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I wish I would have remembered to get a better "before" picture, the end tables were in better shape then the coffee table, it really did need some help :) Thank you again!

      Delete
  3. so so pretty! i just love those details that were hiding in that dark finish before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I know, I knew they had some potential when I saw them! :) I am glad the white really enhanced all those pretty details!

      Delete
  4. Those tables have a beautiful detail. It looks great in white with the brown still showing through in the details...really makes it stand out. I would have snatched up those end tables!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tables are so pretty. The paint makes the details pop. We recently moved to NC and love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi, I am so glad you love living in North Carolina. It really is a beautiful state :)

      Delete
  6. This is beyond gorgeous!! I agree--I LOVE those details. What a great find, and beautiful refinish! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice remake. Thanks for linking up to I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love comments!